Food size plays an important role as far as our weight loss is concerned. We need to keep our food portion very sensible. On mostly occasions, we do not look too much or notice at the food size that is being served to us. Eating large food portion is one of the major reasons for too many people getting overweight.
To be able to lose weight, we need to take limited amount of calories during the whole day. But when we take bigger portions of food, we cannot help us in losing but can in gaining weight. The extra food that we eat, stores as a fat in our body.
People often keep on saying they are eating too less these days to get the extra fat away. But still they used to eat the biggest food portions they have taken before.
So we need to restrict our portion size to be able to lose weight and keep a healthy weight:
- Taking some salads before taking food helps you in eating smaller portion of foods
- Eating smaller but more meals during the day
- Do not forget to read the food labels to know their serving size
- Satisfy your thirst with water only, which is calorie fee, fat free, and carb free and not from any kind of drink, juice or soda
- Order small meal size when you go out for food to save calories and money
- Do not keep extra food on table. Keep your food containers away from dinning table so that they cannot be easily reached out
- Do not eat as if you have to clean the plate. Try to save some portion size for some other time
- Eating on a smaller plate will also help in restricting the food size
- Include more fruits and vegetables in your food, as they are low in calories
- Do not prepare high amount of food
- Once you have taken your serving size from the container, place it away from you or in the freeze