Outgoing people tend to be more overweight

According to a Japanese study that examined the link between body mass and personality, extrovert people are likely to be overweight while the anxious people tend to be thin. For this study, more than thirty thousand people of ages between 40 and 64 were questioned about their height and weight and given a personality test (Via The Daily Mail).


The study result show that extrovert were far more likely to have body mass index (BMI) greater than 25 as compared to the other one’s. People whose BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9 are considered to have an ideal weight.


After controlling factors such as smoking, it was found that extrovert people have 1.73 times more chances of being obese as compared to their anxious counterparts. And extrovert women have 1.53 more chances of being obese.

Author

Written by Brad

This blog is my weight loss journey and hope this journey will help in losing some extra pounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really intersting, and I believe it. There is something else I learned that this report reminded me of. Back when I was in the Marine Corps I had a gut. Not the picture perfect Marine, but one that was a bit old and a bit broken. During an inspection I had a very senior officer look at me and ask if I could do 100 situps in 2 minutes, I said yes. He told me that I was the only one in the room that could and he knew this just by looking at us. the kids in my unit wanted to prove the inspector wrong, so we did situps - and I won. Something like 105 or 110 in 2 minutes.
Later I asked how he knew, and was told that people with a gut hold it in all day and that gives uns an advantage doing situps. He also said that Marines with a gut are more outgoing. He thought it was because we had to prove something.

that was back in the mid 80's. this article just proved him right (to me, at least)

Anonymous said...

hm, never knew that