People Views : Weight Loss


  • Don't allow the bread/breadsticks/crackers/chips basket anywhere near your table in restaurants!

    --Sharon Cohen

  • I give myself permission to indulge on the weekends, when I'm doing things like going out to dinner. But during the week, I eat fruit every day and I choose fiber-rich, whole-grain carbs.--Jody Buffalo

  • # Whenever I feel I've wandered off the healthy-eating track, I use the following tricks to get myself back in line: For lunch I trim my entree by half, but double up on servings of fruit and veggies. And I dress salads and steamed vegetables with my own homemade nonfat Asian dressing. (Combine 1 cup of orange juice with 1/2 teaspoon of low-sodium soy sauce and a sliced garlic clove in a small saucepan; simmer until reduced by half. Use sparingly ... it's potent!) When dining out, I start off with a cup of broth-based soup to keep from overeating my main course. To curb nighttime dessert cravings, I sip a steaming cup of decaf Earl Grey tea sweetened with Equal and topped with a splash or two of nonfat vanilla creamer.

    --Susanne R. Stoeckeler

  • I log everything I eat and its nutritional content on a form I designed for myself. I also have a column for noting calories expended during exercise. This helps me track calories in versus calories out on a daily basis. It's a system that's helped me maintain a 40-pound weight loss for seven years. --LaVonne Taylor

  • At the movies, I buy a kid's box, which has a tiny portion of popcorn, soda and a piece of candy. It's just enough to treat myself, and a lot less fattening.--Melissa O'Brien

  • Always plan ahead when traveling. I load up on healthful snacks like fruits, veggies and granola bars. Having these on hand keeps me from eating overpriced, high-calorie fare at airports and gas stations. --Kate Williams

  • I choose water over juice or soda. It cuts out about 200 calories a glass. Drinking water doesn't have to be boring: Spruce up a pitcher of plain [H.sub.2]O with herbs like mint or basil, or slices of citrus fruits or cucumber.--Kristina Ferrante Coleman

  • I just can't enjoy lunch without a cola, but I'm not always in the mood for diet, so at the soda bar, I fill my cup within an inch of the top with diet soda and then give myself a shot-glass-sized splash of the real thing. It tastes like regular soda, but with only a minimal amount of calories, probably no more than 50 or 60.--Anne M. Russell

  • # Fill up on fruit! On photo shoots, I walk right past the junk-food table and head straight for the trays of beautiful fresh pineapple, mango, melon and berries. These fiber-rich foods are far more satisfying to me than cookies and pastries; plus they have fewer calories and nearly zero fat.--Dinah Erasmus


Your views about Weight loss

You could also give your views about what should be done to maintain weight loss.your views will be published here.So send your views at Brad so that other could also help themselves to maintain weight loss.

Author

Written by Brad

This blog is my weight loss journey and hope this journey will help in losing some extra pounds.

0 comments: