Burning calories with video games like Nintendo Wii

Now a good news for the weight watchers who spend most of their time working on their computers and playing games on their consoles. There are some computer games available which help you in burning calories which you may have to burn doing some kind of cardio exercises (From Hindustan Times).


According to the researchers, some latest active computer games like Nintendo Wii or Sony PlayStation EyeToy involve so much of movement by the players that they can be used as a good calorie burning workout.


Researcher Alasdair Thin states that playing video games is not an alternative to exercising or aerobics, but they are good calorie burning workouts.

Author

Written by Brad

This blog is my weight loss journey and hope this journey will help in losing some extra pounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok.. I can understand this completely. We bought a wii not too long ago, and I became quite the tennis/baseball addict on Wii sports. The game does not require you to get completely "IN" to it, but being the weirdo I am... I was completely batting like a pro and jumping all over the place playing tennis... I was sore for over a week.

Fun Stuff!!

Kamal said...

Oh! this is a good point for tricky people playing video games all the time.

Anonymous said...

Alasdair Thin

Emerging field of Active Gaming

I am the author of the research and welcome your interest in the story and am glad that you have focused on its importance and relevance to the increasing prevalence of childhood obesity. I would very much like to stimulate
debate on the future direction of “Active Gaming" and would welcome comments on my blog that I have set up in response to the somewhat unexpected worldwide interest in this story (http://gamersizescience.wordpress.com/).